I am creating this TOP 10 blog list for the benefit of people that are coming into the business and need some guidance. Some are local to Miami, Florida and some national.
Again, this is only my opinion and you may disagree with me and that's OK. Please forgive me if I leave someone out of the list but I am providing the names that taught or brought us into their inner circle of influence.
- WOW, what can I say about Preston? I met Preston Ely in New Orleans but we didn't know each other. We know each other through Freedom$soft affiliate campaigns but if I ran into him on the street, I don't think he would recognize me. That's OK because he is an awesome internet marketer whose niche is real estate investing! I like his style and his humor. He goes against the grain but it works. I enjoy his outlook on life and business acumen. He is refreshing and made me a lot of money! That is why he is number one on the list.
- Mike Collins invited me to a Tampa workshop on real estate investing years ago. Mike was one of the first gurus to adopt the internet as part of his business. I drove up to Tampa Florida for the weekend and attended the event. I learned more about investing and realized that I had to adopt the internet as a channel for marketing my properties and business. Michael and his staff were very fourth coming with information about real estate investing and made me feel like I was very important to his success.
Over the years I have seen Mike Collins speak at various real estate events and never lost that feeling that he was someone with a special gift of sharing his wealth of knowledge.
- I sat right next to Sam Bell in New Orleans in the front row. Same place I met Preston Ely. I like to think that I knew everyone that was a player in the real estate investing world but I didn't know Sam. He was quiet and didn't say much but we did introduce ourselves by the end of the event. Next time I saw Sam was in Tampa, Florida and to my surprise he was presenting. Man did he surprise me! He delivered BIG TIME. He combined hardcore internet marketing with Real Estate Investing. Every time I listen to him I learn something new. You have to place him on your blog reading list! You won't be disappointed. Light years ahead of me.
- Pete Youngs was the first guy I ever saw when I decided to start my real estate investing business. I started out as a rehabber and Pete was the guru's guru when it came to rehabbing houses. He was one of the very first GURU presenters with almost all the real estate investing clubs. I always enjoyed his rehabbing stories and his sense of humor. Also, due to his broad footprint among the real estate investment community, Pete would always have great investment deals or opportunities for his inner circle.
- Josh Cantwell is fairly new to my sphere of real estate gurus. I just finished an affiliate campaign in December 2010 with Preston Ely (See #1) and was still fired up about the campaign even though it was over. I received an email from Britt Walker (great contact for affiliate campaigns) who was promoting Josh's "Instant Cash Infusion" product. I said what the hell, since I trusted Britt. Wow, I was impressed! Josh's foreclosure system content was really fresh with current market trends. Home foreclosures vary from state to state but Josh and lawyer Jeff Watson seemed to be on top of their game concerning nationwide foreclosures. Check them out, you'll learn something.
- I have been working with Paul Woods since I started this business. Paul is a real estate attorney that has spoken at our real estate investment club many times. His strengths are Asset Protection using the Florida Land Trust and foreclosure defense. When building your team for real estate investing you must have an attorney that knows the legal structures (example: Florida Land Trusts) and contacts associated with real estate investing for your protection and success. Paul is your man!
- I met Joel Bauer at an information seminar in Broward, Florida. You know, Fort Lauderdale, college..etc. From my understanding Joel does not come out to the east coast (USA that is...) often so I decided to catch his presentation. He is not a real estate guru but was considered a Info. Marketer. I always want to get ideas about how I can enhance my marketing skills so off to see Joel. It was the fastest workshop I ever attended. He crammed more information into one day than anyone else I ever saw. I thought he was a little strange at first but this was part of his presentation. He kept it real and didn't sugar coat anything. I learned about photo and video editing, business card development, testimonial development, on and on and on...I was very impressed and would see him again in a heartbeat. He's different but that is what I like about him. Never boring and you never know what to expect. Either you like him or you don't. There is no middle of the road with Joel. Pure Energy! He brings it...Baby!
- Wayne Wagie is a different kind of real estate guru. He looks at the deal without money by negotiating the deal with the exchange of assets and or terms. Usually no money exchanges hands or very little. He runs a group called the "The Greater Miami Real Estate Exchangors (GMREE)" which meets weekly in Miami-Dade, Florida to discuss different strategies of exchanging real estate. You can exchange a piece of land for a boat or a car. Swap a house in Hawaii for one in South Beach, Florida. Create a note on your property and exchange the note for a percentage of another deal. Wayne teaches you to view and negotiate the deal using NO CASH! Awesome concepts! Check him and his group out.
- Paul J. DaCosta runs the Port Charlotte Real Estate Investor's Association on the Gulf Coast of Florida. When I first went to the meeting, I didn't know anyone but Paul had me introduce myself and the rest is history. He has spoken at MREIA several times about real estate investing. Paul is an investor, speaker, author, blogger, internet marketer and is very generous with his time. Paul makes you feel welcome into his social community and if you are ever on the Gulf Coast of Florida make sure you catch Paul at one of his meetings in Port Charlotte, Florida. Right down or across Rt. 75. You won't regret that you did!
- Last but not least, Donna Bauer is the first lady on our list. Donna is a real estate guru specializing in purchasing real estate notes. She was one of the first speakers I asked to present at MREIA since my first deal was a note purchase for 15 condo units. Controlling paper on a property is a great strategy for controlling an asset without managing the property. No cleaning toilets for me! She has a wealth of contacts and knowledge for anyone starting out in this business and wants to learn a very unique strategy of real estate investing.
Whew, that took me a long time to put together. There are so many gurus out there that it was difficult to narrow down the people who taught me the business. I Thank all of You!
Now it is your turn! Do you have a real estate investing guru that made a difference in your life? Please tell us about HIM or HER in the comment section below.
|Written by +Bob Burns.|
about.me/RobertKBurns Telephone #: 305-300-6242
MREIA's Web Page: www.miamireia.com